Created: 1/03/20 (Fri) | Topic: Events
Do you have what it takes?
Do you have what it takes to get people talking about solutions to today’s pressing agriculture issues? Are you an active listener? Then the Discussion Meet might be for you!
The 2020 NDFB Discussion Meet will take place at the annual Farm and Ranch Conference in Fargo, February 1st at the Holiday Inn.
To participate, you must be an NDFB member between the ages of 18 and 35. The winner will receive a brand-new Polaris four-wheeler and the final four will receive Rtic 45 Coolers.
To register contact Joey Bailey at 701-318-2252 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The predetermined questions are:
- How can Farm Bureau build upon collaborative relationships such as Farm Town Strong to combat nationwide crises such as opioid dependence/addiction and mental health issues?
- Products like cell-based food products have demonstrated the food system is rapidly changing. How can future food technologies and related products be beneficially integrated into modern agricultural production without hampering the success of traditional products and the farmers and ranchers who grow them?
- The customer is always right. How do farmers and ranchers think and respond, through the lens of consumer priorities and marketing trends, to build common values and confidence in modern production methods to build consumer acceptance?
- With abundant productivity, farmers are in need of new markets, including outside traditional food and feed channels. How do we develop, invest and commercialize to innovate new uses of agricultural products and by-products to benefit all of agriculture?
- The 21st-century agricultural economy is threatened by labor shortages. Without a clear solution for accessing foreign guest workers as a component of immigration reform coming from Congress, what are some creative and legal ways for agriculture to address the labor needs of a modern production system.
Check out the full agenda for the conference here.