McIntosh County sponsors youth
Created: 6/08/18 (Fri) | Topic: Leadership
By Alisha Nord, NDFB Southeast Field Representative
I believe in 4-H. And not too long ago, I found this from Cornell Cooperative Extension that sums up my thoughts perfectly: 4-H is more than just a county fair. It’s:
– Learning about economics and marketing
– Enhancing self-esteem by working with others who have similar interest
– Developing life skills in nutrition and health care
– Recognizing importance of record keeping and documentation
– Developing responsibility
– Learning to take constructing criticism
– Developing career interests
4-H IS FOR LIFE
That’s why I was so happy when McIntosh County Farm Bureau sponsored the 4-H Livestock Showmanship and Quality Assurance workshop last week.
Read the rest of Alisha's 4-H is for life post.